7 super fun & creative stay in date ideas!
Hey everyone, so the other weekend Rocky and I were brainstorming some ideas of what we could on a rainy weekend (we live in the Northwest and in case you don’t already know it happens to RAINNN all the time here!!). We were getting bored with the typical go to ideas and wanted to come up with some more Fun and Creative date ideas that we could do at home. Down below are the ideas we came up with and so far we have been having a great time trying them out! Hope you guys enjoy them as well!
- Game Night– A little friendly competition never hurt anyone, right? As a fun way to bond try playing a couple of your favorite board games together! Each person gets to pick their favorite game board, then take turns playing each of your games and now for the really fun part…make sure to have the winner of each game make the loser do one thing for them! Remember to play fair and no sore losers! 😉
- Chopped– Have your own at home version of chopped! You each get to go to the kitchen and randomly choose two ingredients without showing each other and put it in a basket. Open the basket together, set the timer for 30 minutes and go! May the best dish win! & guess what the best part of this is?! Dinner is made for the night and you don’t even have to give it a second thought as to what your going to make! Bon appetite!
- Paint Date– Now personally I’m no Leonardo da Vinci but I do enjoy drawing on occasion for fun! It’s a fun and healthy way to get the chance to express your creative side and hey, who knows maybe you will wind up with a masterpiece on your hands! A fun date to try is for each of you to set up a canvas, get some paint colors from your local craft store and each create your own masterpiece! Pair this with some soft Jazz music in the background while you paint to relieve some stress. Then when your both finished, sit back, discuss and admire each other’s work…oh & of course a glass of wine or two doesn’t hurt!
- Movie Time– Sure it can be fun to go to the movies on occasion but some days its even nicer to not have to get out of your pjs and just relax at home with a good movie or two! Have a movie night by allowing each person to pick one movie of their choice so that way everyone is happy (My pick? Bridgette Jones!… Rocky’s pick? Surprise, surprise Rocky 1,2,3,4,5)! To make it even better make sure to have your favorite snacks to watch your movies with! My personal favorites you ask? Gummy bears, chocolate, and butter flavored rice crackers which are a healthy yet yummy alternative to popcorn that taste just as good!
- Quiz Time– Now before you start getting flashbacks to those days when you were in school and it was the night before that math quiz, let me reassure you that this is a much better time than that! Each of you write down ten questions about yourself and have your partner try and guess as many as they can correctly! Whoever guesses the most correct is the winner and gets a 30 minute massage as a prize for knowing your loved one so well!
- Aloha– Have you been daydreaming of a tropical vacation but maybe you can’t seem to find the time or money to get away anytime soon? Well here is a suggestion for you…when you can’t get to Hawaii bring Hawaii to you! Together transform one room in your home to a tropical getaway. Do this by buying fun Hawaiian décor from your local party store and do your best to decorate the place. Dress in your best floral top put on a lay, turn on some Island music and have a pina colada or two! Alohaaa
- Happy Hour– Who doesn’t enjoy a good drink on occasion? Let’s be honest…some days just call for it. So why not have a signature cocktail that you & your significant other created together? What a fun way to unwind and relax a little. Try test tasting different inventions you create together until you find a fan favorite!
If you have any suggestions of your own, please comment below and we would LOVE to hear more ideas!