Hey guys, so today were talking money. Yes, that’s right we all need to be able to make a living if we plan on blogging full time! Blogging is such a great creative outlet for those of us who like to write and come up with amazing content for others to read. Since we spend so much time working hard on our blogs we need to make sure to monetize our blogs in order to make an income while doing what we love.
Today I am going to focus on one of the Main ways bloggers make money and that’s through affiliate marketing. If you don’t already know what affiliate marketing is, it is: a marketing arrangement by which an online retailer pays a commission to an external website (Aka me and you) for traffic or sales generated from its referrals.
This is how a majority of bloggers make their income and this is what I am going to talk about in todays post. I have done A LOT of RESEARCH to find some of the very best affiliate programs out there and I would love to share them with you here so that you can start earning money with your blog as well!
Really quickly, I want say that you should start with affiliate marketing as soon as you launch your blog, honestly the sooner the better! I have just started my blog and have already made my first affiliate income from promoting my blog’s hosting! Don’t be afraid to start if you don’t have a big following in the beginning because you can still generate income from a few readers!
TOP AFFILIATE PROGRAMS TO JOIN:
- Your Hosting Company: That’s right, you can earn money from promoting the hosting company that you signed up with to host your own blog! I have already started doing this by promoting Bluehost! I use Bluehost for my blog because it is one of the most recommended hosting around and I love it! It has made starting my blog so easy! As soon as I purchased it I was able to click on one click install WordPress…a piece of cake! As soon as I signed up for it, I was eligible for their affiliate program.
If your looking to start your own blog to make money, I wrote a Beginners Guide to Blogging that you can check out here.
- AWIN: AWIN is an amazing affiliate network that gives you access to some of the best known brands out there (Hyatt, Fiverr, and including ETSY…which is huge!)! No matter what your niche might be (Lifestyle, Travel, Finance, Fashion, etc.) you can definitely find brands to work with AS there are over 6,000 Brands to choose from! They do cost an initial upfront cost of $5.00 to sign up, but don’t worry you do get this back completely as soon as you receive your first payment and its well worth it! I have already made $60.00 from AWIN in just a couple of days! This affiliate network is the one that I recommend the most! Click here to Join AWIN!
Etsy is amazing because there are so many different sellers with unique products (wordpress themes, clothing, jewelry, wedding supplies, etc.) that the ways you can incorporate it into your blog is endless!
- Amazon Affiliate: By Far the most popular affiliate program around is Amazon. Amazon has everything under the sun as far as products go and the credibility of Amazon works to make this a great affiliate to partner with. They start commission at 4% but you have potential to make more as you get more referrals. No matter what your niche is you will be able to find products to recommend on your site!
- CJ Affiliate: This is another affiliate network that gives you access to some amazing brands out there. I currently go through them to partner with Forever21! Yes this huge! I am able to post links for people to shop at one of my favorite largest retailers around and get a commission for it! I’ve also been able to promote Revolve, which if you don’t already know is a HUGE online clothing retailer that sells some seriously stylish clothing! I would recommend CJ Affiliates if you are looking for Big Well known Brands to work with! They do have brands for all niches as well!
- FlexOffer: This is a large affiliate network programs that allows you to choose from thousands of affiliate programs to promote! No matter your niche you are sure to find atleast a couple advertisers to partner with, as there are over 5000 to choose from! You don’t need to wait for approval to start promoting products, and their payouts are very timely! A great choice if your looking to partner with one of the largest affiliate networks! Join FlexOffer Here
- Share-a-sale: This is another huge affiliate network that allows you to partner with recognizable brands! There are brands for every niche! They guarantee timely payouts of earned commissions and affiliate quality control. Once accepted to share-a-sale you have access to all the brands, all you have to do is send the brand your interested in a pitch! Join Share-a-sale here
- Groupon: I absolutely love Groupon and getting to use them as an affiliate is amazing! They offer deals for people to get some major discounts at restaurants, hotels, and activities! I easily use them in my travel section to promote ways to save money while traveling. This is a great affiliate program that is easy to join! Click here to Join Groupon
- AirBnB: This is a cool one for all you travelers out there, as a great alternative to staying in hotels you can stay at Airbnb when you travel! With their referral program you can offer your readers $40 in travel credit. After they book their first trip, you get $20 of travel credit! This can add up quickly allowing you to travel for less more often! Click here to get started with AirBnB and receive credit $$$
Hope you found this guide to affiliate marketing valuable and are able to implement some of these affiliate programs on your own blog. If you have anything you would like to share please comment below, thanks!