Are Multivitamins actually good for you?
The million dollar question …Should you take a Multi-vitamin Daily? Here’s what research says is the right approach for your body — and how to find one that’s worth buying. We always ask our selves, what is the right multi-vitamin for me, well I am here to help you with years of researching and understanding. I was your ginny pig and experimenting the vitamins for you.
Guys I know we don’t get all our essential vitamins that we need in all our foods or sometimes we need enough food to even reach our vitamin intake for the day such as nutrients like calicum, potassium, vitamin d, vitamin b12. We do get them in some foods but its not a enough! That is why a supplement such as a multi- vitamin can help get you to your reccomended vitamin intake for the day. Vitamin & minerals are essetnial in prevneting deficiences that can lead to chronic conidtions within the body.
I have read a lot and I mean a lot of studies that showcased the health benefits & effectiveness of supplementing the missing nutrients in the diet.
In order to crack the multivitamin code, you just need to ask yourself two questions:
1. Why do I want to take a multivitamin?
2. What do I hope to achieve with it?
“Should I take a multivitamin?” is a question that only you can answer, but it doesn’t have to be a difficult decision. Read below to know the answer
This post may contain affiliate links. See Affiliate Disclaimer here.
Do You Need a Multivitamin?
Those of you who have enough food intake to supplement your required vitamins for the day… you might not need a multi-vitamin. Now those of you who do not get enough vitamins through your food throughout the day… a multi-vitamin would be ideal! It sometimes can be difficult to get the amount of vitamins our body needs even with all those veggies, fruits, and food. That is why I always tend to take a multi-vitamin to ensure I reach my daily vitamin goal. A multi will help you live a better life.
If you are wondering how to get your vitamins in through food, check out my post on 5 Vitamin packed smoothies.
Will a Multivitamin Help You With Fat Loss?
Multi-Vitamins DO NOT PROMOTE FAT LOSS !. If they did, everyone would take them Especially me!—I would eat so much ice cream and then take that miracle multi-vitamin pill and lose all that weight……. I WISH!
To achieve Fat loss YOU NEED to watch your calorie count. What does that mean you ASK? You have to burn more calories than you consume. In the most basic sense, that means you either eat fewer calories or increase exercise and activity.
The verdict: Multivitamins have no benefits for fat loss, but they could help if you’re eating less and not enough vegetables, fats, and proteins.
Multivitamins and Muscle Mass?
So there is no evidence to support that a multivitamin helps you gain muscle mass. Muscle mass is the result of proper exercise, diet, rest.
One supplement that has consistently demonstrated that ability to assist with muscle growth and repair is protein powder and creatine. it’s the role of protein that makes the biggest difference, whether it’s a supplement, meat, chicken, fish, eggs, or plant-based sources.
The verdict: If your goal is to add mass, your first priority should be to eat enough high-quality food to help you build it.
Will Multivitamins Help Prevent Sickness?
Prevent sickness with a multivitamin… This depends on the performance of your IMMUNE system. Which many factors come in play such as micronutrient levels? Micronutrient levels which help create a DEFENCE system for your body! Specifically, vitamins A, C and E work along with zinc to help the skin barrier function, while vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D and E work along with a host of other trace elements to support the immune cells.
Nutrient deficiencies suppress your immunity. So for that reason, a multivitamin could be helpful. But then again, so could a smoothie that loaded with the above vitamins.. Here’s an easy Ultimate Vitamin Yummy Smoothie… Check it out here –> VITAMIN PACKED SMOOTHIE
Men’s Multivitamin vs. Women’s: Is there a difference?
You will see this often, you will see multivitamins based on age or gender-specific multivitamins. The thing here to know is that MEN and WOMAN have different nutritional needs and those needs do change as you age!
The biggest difference is iron levels. Premenopausal women need much more iron than men. The reason: They lose LARGE amounts of iron from menstrual bleeding. After menopause, men’s and women’s iron requirements are the same. After menopause, women also need more calcium than men to preserve bone strength.
I have a listed Mens & Womans Vitamin’s that in my opinion are the best ones with amazing reviews.
WARNING : Not All Multivitamins are Created Equal
Because multivitamins are categorized as supplements and FDA regulation of supplements is extremely The quality
The following are some of the government standards related to vitamin manufacturing:
- Potency listed on the label. The government states that only 90% of the potency has to be listed on the product
- Did you know that a vitamin can start losing its potency the minute its made, like if its not produced properly it can even lose up to 50% of its potency by the time you buy it. This entirely depends on the guidelines, product storage ( light, temperature, moisture etc) inventory rotaion, article granulation or product coating. These are all some reasons that can affect the potency and quality of the product.
- The law states that its not a requirement for a company to have a qulaity control laboratory.
- When the vitamin is made, the companies are not required to conduct shelf – life testing ? what that means is to see how the products potency is affected over time
Scary right? That is why You need to look at the LABEL ! reading labels is important not just for a multi-vitamin but for your food!
For the multi-vitamin when your reading the label look for these 8 things
1. The product ingredients (calcium for example).
2. The product potency in micro grams or milligrams.
3. The source of the nutrient (what form is it).
4. Directions for use. How many to take to get the label potency?
5. A listing of the fillers, binders, and excipients or any other potential allergic substances.
6. A code date.
7. Any warnings or cautions.
8. Manufactured by or manufactured for.
DONT WORRY, I saved you guys the time and recommended The multi-vitamins I use down below. Not only do they have great reviews, top rated but they meet the requirements. You want to buy a quality vitamin that will benefit your body.
WHICH MULTI-VITAMIN DO I TAKE?
From years of experience I suggest these multi-vitamins I have listed below why?
1. They meet regulation of quality
2. LOWEST PRICE & HIGHEST QUALITY
3. Over 1000 Reviews!!
4. I recommend it as it has amazing reviews as you can see once you click the link that best suits you!.
MEN’S Multivitamin :
WOMAN’S Multivitamin :
MEN 50 + AGE :
WOMAN 50+ AGE :
General Multi-vitamin :