Here on Findingroses, we are all about inspirational living! What exactly does that mean? It means that we strive to make this site as inspiring, uplifting and helpful for every single one of you! With that in mind, today we are writing a post on 10 TIPS FOR LIVING A HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER LIFE. We believe that although life has some major ways of becoming stressful and overwhelming at times (trust us we know), we can control the effect of that stress by choosing to live a happier and healthier lifestyle. There is no secret…the truth is, the simple things in life can truly make a difference on your overall happiness and health. Read on to see what you can do to gain a better idea of what it is you should do to lead a happier and healthier life!
- Eat Mindfully– In the busy world that we live in nowadays, its easy to get so distracted that we are no longer being mindful of what or how we are consuming our food. Food is what fuels us for the day and its important to fuel yourself with the right food for your own health and happiness. Listen, I know how easy and tempting it is to grab some fast food on a jam packed day. As much as I would love to run to a fast food establishment, I know how I will feel after I digest that. I know I will feel lethargic and disgusted afterwards…so no matter what I stay clear! I have now gotten into the routine of planning my meals for the week, this way its one less thing I need to think about during the week. If you can spare an hour on Sunday to plan your meals, you will be doing yourself a huge favor! Not only will you be able to be mindful of what you will be eating during the week, but you can ensure you will feel good by inputting the right fuel into your body!
- Declutter Your Surroundings– When you surround yourself with clutter it takes a toll on your mind and body. In order to feel more happiness and lower your stress levels, try removing all the clutter from your home, car, and work space. You will feel less stressed and more in control. This will increase your happiness, and energize you to get more done in your life. Set aside sometime each day to tackle a small area and you will soon be surprised at how great you feel with less clutter around.
- Drink Water– I know you have heard this one many times before but it is so important for your overall mind and body that it must be mentioned here. Water makes up two-thirds of our bodies and that is why keeping hydrated is absolutely essential for the functionality of our minds and bodies. Aim to drink enough water that throughout the day your pee becomes more clear than yellow. This is a good indicator that your body is getting enough water throughout the day. In order for me to stay hydrated I drink out of a 1-liter water bottle three times a day! Sooner or later it’ll be a reflex to drink enough water to stay hydrated and your body will thank you for this!
- Stay Grateful– So far in my life I have had my shares of ups and downs but no matter what I try to stay grateful for all the things in my life. I know its easy to get so caught up in all the things that we want in life, but I can’t tell you enough how important it is for your health and happiness to be grateful for all that you do have in life already. By staying grateful you are acknowledging all the good in your life and though you may think there isn’t a lot to be grateful for in your life, sometimes you need to think even in the simplest of terms. Be happy for that meal you had, the clothes you have, the people in your life. These may be small but they are worth remembering because you will soon realize you are in a good place and deserve to be happy here and now!
- Get a good night’s sleep– Sleep in essential for our happiness and health as our bodies require a rest to recharge. Sometimes it can be difficult to sleep at night because we are so preoccupied by our to-do-list and all of our other worries. However, you need to try to shut this out of your mind because in order for you to be at your optimal health and happiness you must get some rest! What I have found to work for me, is to write down all the things I need to get done on a piece of paper before bed so I won’t be thinking about it as I try to sleep. I also shut off all devices 30 minutes before bed to give my mind a chance to unwind before I sleep!
- Spend time doing something you enjoy– I know you may be thinking that you don’t have time to take out of your day to enjoy doing something you like, but you need to do this for your happiness and health. Your mind needs a break from all the work, plans, scheduling, tasks to be completed and you need to lighten your day up with one activity that is all for you! By giving yourself this time you are recharging your mind and body and will be able to go back to doing all the things you have to get done happier!
- Get some Exercise– Your body and mind need exercise for you to feel good and healthy. By moving around, you are causing your blood to flow throughout your body faster which energizes you and works to combat stress. Take 3o minutes out of your day to go for a walk or hit the gym, it is well worth the short term and long term effects it will have on your body and mind.
- Do something for others– When you perform random acts of kindness for others it is not only good for the other person, but it is good for yourself as well. Naturally you will begin to feel better about yourself by knowing you made someone else’s life better. You can do even the smallest things, such as: calling or texting a friend or relative, buying or making someone dinner, doing volunteer work, the list really is quite endless. Try it and trust me you will feel amazing about it!
- Spend Time in Nature– Spending some good quality time outdoors is a great activity to do for your health and happiness. Nature has away of calming us down by taking us away from all the distractions in the modern world we live in. By breathing in some fresh air and admiring the natural beauty of the world we live in you will feel more enjoyment. Take the time once in a while to go to a place where you can just be and admire nature.
- Smile more often– Did you know that the more you smile the more happier you will feel? That’s right by simply putting a lovely smile on your face you are tricking your mind into believing you are happier. The reason for this is that it triggers your mind to remember the last feeling associated with that muscle movement so your brain will associate your smile with happiness! Give this little exercise a try and you will be literally smiling your way to happiness!
My hope is that this article was able to provide you with some simple ways to improve your health and happiness in your day to day life. Please share any tips or thoughts you might have below!